Content Marketing Writer
We’re a rapid-growth start-up disrupting the baby nutrition space through our award-winning baby milk brand Kendamil – the only formula made locally in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British organic full cream milk, without the nasties.
You could say we’re the best-kept secret in baby. Then again, with national launches in Tesco, Boots, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Morrisons, Ocado and Farmdrop in the past 3 years … the secret’s getting out!
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 140-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winner and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1,000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020. We’re on an exciting path – come join us!
We’re seeking a Content Marketing Writer to represent our widely loved and fast-growing brand online and offline, with the goal of driving customer awareness, education and engagement.
This role will involve crafting social, blogs and email marketing campaigns that delight, educate and inform our audience about our unique products. Projects will range from short-form writing (social, email, ad copy), to longer-form content (blogs, press releases), to exciting and ambitious PR projects.
We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years’ copywriting experience for new consumer brands, with experience ‘holding the pen’ on digital content (social media, blogs, email marketing). You will report to our Head of Marketing and will be supported by a bubbly team including a Marketing Coordinator, Growth Lead, Creative Lead, Marketing Apprentices and Performance Marketers.
This is a permanent position with the opportunity to work remotely (if you wish).
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing, writing, writing! You’ll be writing blogs, website wording, social posts and much more
- Content writing for our UK social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter)
- Crafting new educational content on long-form blog posts to educate and inform UK parents
- Writing all email communication to our thousands of happy mums (and little ones) globally
- Creating content for SEO and optimising existing content for improved SEO ranking and links
- Working with our Head of Marketing to implement our social strategy, including brand tone-of-voice, content ideas and scheduling and iterating our approach based on engagement insights
- Working with our Product and Support teams to ensure our website copy is regularly updated
- Monitoring the communication strategies of competitors and disruptive ‘role model’ brands, staying abreast of market trends, engagement strategies and disruptive communication styles
- Crafting best-in-class customer service template response sheets across our most common FAQs
- Communicating internally with the wider team, for brainstorming, buy-in and collaboration
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a content writing / social media role
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok)
- Experience in developing engaged communities online across social, email or blogs
- Exceptional creative writing skills in short-form (social posts) and long-form (blogs)
- Comfortable with optimising content for SEO and knowing what works well for earning links
- Great communication skills, able to express complex topics in an accessible way
- A strong sense of responsibility, curiosity and a proactive attitude
- Comfort working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Native English speaker, preferably UK based (remote is fine)
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing baby milk brand in Europe, as part of a young, talented and driven team committed to delivering better nutrition to families around the world.
We offer 28 days holiday (inc. bank holidays), a pension scheme, remote working, subsidised gym membership, a cycle-to-work scheme and childcare vouchers. Oh and did we mention our factory is located in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District?
If this sounds like a role for you, write to Jackie McKay (Jackie.email@example.com), HR Manager, with your CV and a note on why you’re right for the job. We can’t wait to meet you!