£24,317 per annum
(Basic salary £20,800 + Shift Premium £3,517)
We are a rapid-growth scale-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British organic full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 160-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020.
We’re on an exciting path – join us!
We are looking for Warehouse Operatives to join our team. Reporting to the Warehouse & Logistics Manager, this is a great opportunity for an individual to take on a new challenge, build on their current experience and develop themselves across different areas of the factory.
This is a full time role based at our headquarters in Kendal. Working hours are Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
You will work a rolling 2 week shift pattern as follows:
- Earlies: Monday to Friday, 06:00 – 13:30
- Lates: Monday to Friday, 13:15 – 20:45
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for supporting with the production lines, making sure that they run smoothly and efficiently by ensuring they have a continuous supply of materials, and as you would expect any other Warehouse duties as and when required.
- To succeed in this role you will be diligent with a flexible approach to work and a ‘will do/can do’ attitude.
- Be self-motivated and capable of working with minimum supervision, working to tight deadlines. It’s crucial that you are accurate with excellent attention to detail.
- Being computer literate is a necessity, experience of working with Excel spreadsheets, the internet and email.
- Complying with safety procedures including but not limited to: adopting safe working practices, wearing the required protective clothing and use of safety equipment appropriate to the role.
What you’ll need:
- Fork lift Truck licence or willingness to work towards this.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of the food industry and machinery is preferable but not essential as on the job training will be provided.
- Once trained, the post holder will work unsupervised to strict procedural guidelines.
- We are looking for a good communicator and an individual who is flexible to changing work shifts.
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a young talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer to all our employees:
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays) with additional holidays granted each year for the first 5 years of employment
- A pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance at 2 x basic salary
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised breakfast
If this sounds like a role for you, email Emma Murkin, Recruitment/HR Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and a note on why you’re right for the job — we can’t wait to meet you!