Salary starting at £22,500 per annum
We are a rapid-growth scale-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British organic full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 180 person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020.
We’re on an exciting path – join us!
We are seeking a Packaging Administrator to work with the Packaging Development Technician, assisting with the creation, design and successful implementation of new artwork and packaging formats for our award-winning baby milks and infant cereals. The ideal candidate will possess technical expertise in packaging design and printing, and a deep understanding of the end user’s requirements and expectations.
This is a full time role based at our headquarters in Kendal. Monday – Friday, 8am – 4pm.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist the Packaging Development Technician on all aspects of Packaging development hence ensuring coordination of factory trials, creation of packaging specifications for the factory, & support to the team for product launches.
- Support the artwork and packaging development process.
- Communicating with relevant counter parts at co-packing sites to manage artwork, documents and packaging procedures effectively.
- Assist with external environmental sustainability factors affecting the packaging agenda in recommendations which will help the business to stay on track with peer group across the market.
- Assist in the research for new packing design and technologies.
- Assist with developing partnership with equipment and packing materials suppliers and manufacturers.
- Be prepared to attend relevant Packaging and Sustainability Trade shows & relevant Expert events to stay ahead of the challenges facing the industry and planet.
What you’ll need:
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in general business administration is essential
or a relevant qualification in Packaging
- Previous experience in packaging co-ordination is an advantage
- Good communications skills, written, verbal and in-person
- Organisation and planning with great attention to detail
- A strong sense of responsibility, curiosity and a proactive attitude
- Problem solving capabilities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a young talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays) with additional holidays granted each year for the first 5 years, a pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance at 2 x basic salary, on-site parking, and subsidised breakfast. Oh and did we mention our factory is located in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District?
If this sounds like a role for you, email Emma Murkin, Recruitment/HR Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and a note on why you’re right for the job — we can’t wait to meet you!