Social and Content Manager
We are a rapid-growth scale-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 150-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020.
We’re on an exciting path – join us!
We are seeking an experienced and creative content marketer who can help elevate and expand our organic marketing channels, with a focus on growing and enhancing our brand presence as our business grows at pace.
You will take ownership of our organic social media channels, as well as blog and site content. You will help drive the creation of engaging, captivating content across our customer touchpoints, using insights and a customer focussed mind set to execute a best in class content calendar.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee a team of in house social and content executives, as well as freelance content creators
- Develop social media and content strategies, with the aim of increasing brand awareness and customer engagement
- Oversee the content calendar and ensure the creation of captivating content that drives our core brand messages; including writing blogs, articles, posts and multimedia content
- Take responsibility for the quality and completion of all work projects assigned to members of the social and content team
- Ensure copy across long form and short form content is effective, customer focussed and in line with the brand tone of voice
- Be a leader in the latest social media trends and digital opportunities, identifying opportunities for the team and the business
- Help drive innovation and excellence, establishing Kendamil as a leader in the market for our audience
- Work to key KPIs for each channel, including regular reporting as well as feeding back insights and learnings to the senior team
- Monitor and respond to customer feedback, comments and social media posts
- Work with other departments and creatives to ensure a holistic and effective online marketing strategy
- Utilise and oversee our team collaboration platforms including Asana and Slack
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years social and marketing experience, preferably with a B2C brand, with demonstrated success
- 1+ years direct management experience
- Experience across all key social and content platforms, including but not limited to instagram, facebook, tiktok, twitter and youtube
- Experience of using analytic and scheduling tools like hootsuite and google analytics
- Innovative creative thinker able to tailor memorable content within voice and tone guidelines
- Strong communicator who can communicate complex messages clearly, concisely and memorably
- A very high attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Commercially minded and entrepreneurial in nature, thriving in a fast-paced, growing business
- Strong people skills; demonstrates empathy, leads by example, and contributes to building a desirable team culture
What we would like you to have:
- Experience of video content creation
- Experience working within a digital-first brand
- Experience working within a consumer brand / baby brand / nutrition brand
- UK based parent with experience of the Infant feeding journey
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a young talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays) with additional holidays granted each year for the first 5 years, a pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance at 2 x basic salary, on-site parking, subsidised breakfast and childcare vouchers. Oh and did we mention our factory is located in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District?
If this sounds like a role for you, email Angela Milns, HR Manager (Angela.Milns@Kendalnutricare.com) with your CV, salary expectations and a note on why you’re right for the job — we can’t wait to meet you!