37.5 hrs per week, Monday to Friday — Shift pattern — Earlies/Lates/Nights
We are a rapid-growth start-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 140-person team passionate about giving children the best start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winner and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020. We’re on an exciting path – join us!
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic electrician to join our ever-growing business in the food manufacturing market.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the repair, maintenance, installation and improvement of all site electrical plant, machinery, equipment and services to ensure their safe and efficient working on a 24 hour basis. In addition, to provide a restricted mechanical engineering service in maintenance, repair and fault diagnosis for the whole site.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- To be the site competent person for all aspects of Electrical Engineering whilst on shift, including all statutory legislation, all regulations and all requirements to ensure safe, efficient and effective site operation
- To carry out repairs and improvements in all matters of plant, machinery and services, utilising effective planning and computer maintenance management system
- Communicate directly with the Site Shift Electricians and Engineering Supervisor for day-day work during normal working hours and provide a first line response on a priority basis outside of normal working hours
- Communicate with production Team Leaders and agree and decide priorities in simultaneous breakdowns. Respond to direct communication from production, non-production and engineering
What you’ll be doing
- Maintain the site electrical supply and distribution systems to the IEE regulations.
- Maintain the site electrical fixed and portable equipment.
- Diagnose electrical and mechanical breakdowns and effect repairs on a 24 hour basis.
- Identify faults during a breakdown situation of an electrical, mechanical and instrument nature.
- Implement agreed modifications to plant to increase efficiency and reduce downtime.
- Carry out planned maintenance on equipment that requires a major electrical input to perform efficiently and reliably and undertake limited mechanical maintenance.
- Commission and test new installations.
- Provide information to enable drawings to be modified, updated or produced.
- Operate production and non-production plant to enable fault finding.
- Carry out minor project installation work form initial concept to completion to IEE regulations.
What you’ll need:
- Fully Qualified Electrical Engineer is essential.
- Industrial experience is essential
- Specialist trade training in the current Edition Regulation
- Training in PLC systems would be desirable (Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi and Omron).
- Experience of electrical drive and control systems is essential.
- Good communicator with a helpful and flexible approach.
- Be proactive in self learning and development
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing baby milk brand in Europe, as part of a young and talented team dedicated to serving millions of passionate customers.
We offer 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), a pension scheme, Ride to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers and Hospital Cash-Back Plan.
If this sounds ‘right up your street’ please contact Jackie (Jackie.email@example.com), telling us why you’re the right person for the job and including an up-to-date CV / current salary.
We can’t wait to meet you!