Senior QC Technician
We are a rapid-growth scale-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only baby milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British full cream milk.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 150-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020.
We’re on an exciting path – join us!
We’re seeking a Senior QC Technician to join our Quality assurance team, reporting to the QA Manager. In this role, we are looking for someone who is comfortable in the world of Quality Control. The candidate will be responsible for grading raw materials and intermediate products on site. We are a BRCGS Grade AA accredited site with a long history of excellence in infant formula and cereals manufacture and are looking for an organised and logical individual to assist in all areas of Quality assurance. Someone with experience in Quality Control in food or manufacturing would be ideal for this role.
This is a full-time permanent position.
- Interpret laboratory results for the purpose of assessing raw material suitability
- Involved in introducing and documenting testing protocols
- Assessing suitability in the primary production plant before start up
- Request lab testing from both our in house labs as well as 3rd party Labs
- Manage quality concessions on site
- Issuing and tracking Vendor quality notifications
- Requesting investigatory testing where required
- Working alongside the Microbiology lead to assess micro risks to product
- 3-5 years’ experience in a quality-based role, preferably in a food manufacturing environment
- BSc or higher in a science-based subject
- Logical and consistent with an eye for detail
- Experience with Q-pulse and ERP systems is desirable
- Comfortable using computers and IT programs
- Able to discuss problems with senior shareholders
- Strong communication skills
- A strong sense of responsibility, curiosity and a proactive attitude
- Comfortable working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
What you get from us…
- A positive talented team working environment
- A competitive salary taking into account your experience and skill set
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Government pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Hospital Cash-Back Plan
- Staff canteen food
- Employee Discounts
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why you’re the right person for the role including your salary expectations.
We can’t wait to hear from you!