Recruiter, Salary £20,500, Part time role
We are a rapid-growth start-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 140-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020. We’re on an exciting path – join us!
We’re seeking a part-time Recruiter to help source and develop our rapidly expanding team. You will be responsible for sourcing, attracting, interviewing and hiring great employees in both remote and factory-based roles to help scale our team scale our award-winning Kendamil product range.
You will be working as part of our rock-star HR team and alongside senior management in proactively identifying future hiring needs. You will be attracting candidates for our many open roles using various sources, from job boards to social media and employee referrals and conducting first round interviews to screen initial candidates.
The successful candidate will ooze people skills, bring experience in screening, interviewing and assessing candidates and will thrive off working in a fast-paced environment.
This is a permanent part-time role (3 days/week), with an option to extend to full-time in the future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Design and implement overall recruiting strategy
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
- Prepare recruitment materials and post jobs to job boards, colleges, social media etc.
- Screen resumes and job applications and conduct initial interviews to filter candidates
- Assess applicants’ relevant knowledge, skills, soft skills, experience and aptitudes
- Onboard new employees in order to become fully integrated
- Serve as a point of contact for candidates during the selection process
- Promote the company’s reputation as the best place to work
- Assisting in ad hoc duties
What you’ll need:
- Proven experience as a Recruiter (either in-house or as part of a staffing agency)
- Ability to conduct different types of interviews (structured, competency-based)
- Experience with various selection processes (video, phone, reference checks)
- Ability to organize skills assessments (in trays, work samples, take-home assignments)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and comfortable taking decisions
- Hands-on experience with HR and recruiting software, job boards and social media
- Time management skills and the ability to handle several projects at once
- A strong sense of responsibility, curiosity and a proactive attitude
- Comfort working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
Nice to have, not need to have:
- BS/MS in Human Resources Management
- Knowledge and experience of working within the consumer goods / manufacturing industry
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a young talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays), a pension scheme, remote working, subsidised gym membership, a cycle-to-work scheme and childcare vouchers. Oh and did we mention our factory is located in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District? We can’t wait to hear from you!