Quality Assurance Manager
We are a rapid-growth start-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 130-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020. We’re on an exciting path – join us!
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team at Kendal Nutricare. You’ll have no less than five years experience in manufacturing, great people management skills along with being commercial and driven!
Reporting to the Senior Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs Manager, you’ll be responsibile for managing the QA team, QA budgets, continuous improvement and efficency. Maintaining and developing a quality management system compliant with food requirements. Working within Quality Assurance Department, working closely with R&D and the purchasing departments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing standards operating procedures in support of quality compliance goals
- Leading initiatives to improve quality compliance and quality systems where compliance improvement is identified through audits and monitoring, for example technical transfer, quality investigations, auditing, inspection readiness
- Providing leadership, guidance and communicates trends in the network community
- Supporting supplier qualification where appropriate for high profile or critical vendors
- Developing and maintaining compliance training modules for GMP and GDP annual training
- Participates in Quality Metrics reviews, management reviews
- Develops quality internal audit plan annually in support of Quality programs
- Tracks all inspections of the site by regulatory authorities, providing guidance to the site for observation responses when appropriate. Capture observations and analyze for trends for communication to the broader site network, or updates to quality systems
- Track and coordinate reviews for quality event escalations, including regulatory notifications and product recalls. Maintain applicable metrics for escalated quality events and communicate to senior management
- Maintaining a regulatory intelligence program focusing on changes to GMP regulations and guidance, and trends in regulatory enforcement. Implements relevant changes into the site policies to maintain alignment
- Identifying quality compliance risks proactively and working with onsite leadership to create and implement mitigation plans
- Frequent interaction with leadership and senior management, using negotiation and influence skills to achieve mutually beneficial and compliance outcomes
- Managing the customer compliant process
- Managing the QA team on site, laboratory, microbiology and quality system teams
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a GxP Manufacturing site
- Minimum of two years supervision of work of direct and indirect reports
- Lead investigator training
- Qualified auditor
- A science related degree in Chemistry, Engineering or Biotechnology
- A strong working knowledge of GxP regulations in the European Union (EU), United States (US) and other relevant global markets
What we would like you to be:
- Self-motivated and a great team player, possess excellent interpersonal skills, be highly organised, efficient and methodical
- Have excellent attention to detail, be analytically minded and continuous improvement focused
- Quality focussed with a drive to ensure standards are upheld
- Have experience in leading or participation in project teams
- Have the ability to work with initiative and manage own work load with minimum supervision
- Exhibit a positive work attitude and high productivity
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be fluent in both spoken and written English Be flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with aggressive and dynamic timelines
- Have the ability to collaborate, facilitate, and support standard practices across multiple functional groups in diverse geographical locations
- Possess strong presentation skills; confident public speaker
- Have a proven record of achieving targets and milestones
- Prioritise your workload based on the changing needs of the business
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs including OneNote and SharePoint platforms
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) and a pension scheme.
How to apply:
If this sounds ‘right up your street’ please apply in writing to Jackie McKay (Jackie.email@example.com), HR Manager, telling us why you’re the right person for the job, include an up to date CV and details of your current salary. We can’t wait to meet you!