Primary Warehouse Operative
Primary Warehouse Operative
£23,220 per annum
We are a rapid-growth scale-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British organic full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 180 person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020.
We’re on an exciting path – join us!
Reporting to one of our Team Leaders the successful candidate’s main responsibility will be to receive bulk ingredients for Primary production. This is a great opportunity for an individual to take on a new challenge, build on their current experience and develop themselves across different areas of the factory.
This is a full time role based at our headquarters in Kendal. Working hours are Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
Working hours will be Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:45, Friday 08:00 – 12:30
What you’ll be doing:
- Receiving goods in for the Primary Warehouse
- Picking orders for the Dairy Operations
- Receiving and Pasteurising milk tanker deliveries
- Receiving oil tanker deliveries
- Complying with safety procedures including but not limited to: adopting safe working practices, wearing the required protective clothing and use of safety equipment appropriate to the role
- Carrying out extensive quality checks
What you’ll need:
- A Fork Lift Truck license is essential in this role.
- Once trained, the post holder will work unsupervised to strict procedural guidelines. Organisational skills and self-motivation are key in this role.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of the food industry and machinery is preferable but not essential as on the job training will be provided.
- We are looking for a good communicator and an individual who is flexible to changing work shifts.
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a young talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer to all our employees:
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays) with additional holidays granted each year for the first 5 years of employment
- A pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance at 2 x basic salary
- Free on-site parking
- Subsidised breakfast
If this sounds like a role for you, email Emma Murkin, Recruitment/HR Administrator (email@example.com) with your CV and a note on why you’re right for the job — we can’t wait to meet you!