Primary Manufacturing Operative
We are a rapid-growth scale-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 150-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020.
We’re on an exciting path – join us!
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Primary department, this is an opportunity for the right candidate to gain skills and experience across a multitude of areas within the factory.
You will be operating processing equipment to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the material flow process, in a safe and structured manor following Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP).
Day to day tasks involve general production duties ranging from receiving raw materials, blending, mixing as well as operating the Pasteuriser, Reconstitution plant, Evaporator & Spray Drier.
As a Key member of the team you will help contribute to ensuring our Key operational targets are achieved in a structured and organised manor.
This is a varied role and just right for someone looking for a new challenge — no two days are the same!
- Production — to constantly liaise and support operations and the engineering department to ensure agreed schedules are met and are consistent with the requirements to meet customer demands
- Productivity — shift based role, working an earlies, lates and nights shift pattern over five days —Monday to Friday
- GMP, Safety and Environment — operating within set standards regarding product safety and quality
- Relationships — reporting to the Team Leader, daily work in partnership with peers and peer groups above in all areas (Engineering, Production, Planning, QA as well as external bodies)
What we need from you
- Ideally be educated to GCSE standard in Maths, English and a Science
- An Engineering based qualification is desirable
- Five years production experience in the food or pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent organisational & problem solving skills
- CSB, MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and Active Factory Knowledge is essential
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Good planning techniques
- Great organisation and problem solving skills
- Positively welcomes responsibility and accountability
- Has a flexible approach to working hours
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a young talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays), a pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, on-site parking, a cycle-to-work scheme, subsidised breakfast and childcare vouchers. Oh and did we mention our factory is located in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District?
If this sounds like a role for you, email Angela Milns, HR Manager (Angela.Milns@Kendalnutricare.com) with your CV, salary expectations and a note on why you’re right for the job — we can’t wait to meet you!