We are a rapid-growth scale-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British organic full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 150-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020.
We’re on an exciting path – join us!
We are looking to employ a Planning Assistant to ensure that the appropriate schedules are issued to meet the production plan to ensure that all materials issued to production have been cleared by QA and are within their allocated shelf life. Also making sure that they are issued in strict rotation, and to control the incoming deliveries schedule. You will support the Planning Manager to ensure that the strategic aims of the company are met.
This is a full time role based at our headquarters in Kendal.
What you’ll be doing:
- From the packing plan – calculate, produce and issue schedules to production
- Maintain a system for the control of all documentation used in the department
- Monitor incoming deliveries and contact suppliers for updates
- Liaising with suppliers to agree delivery schedules and for return of substandard material
- Minimise write-off by constantly monitoring stocks of materials via expiry reports
- Co-ordinate annual stock-take
- Liaise with production departments to maintain stock accuracy
What you’ll need:
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in administration
- Numeracy / attention to detail
- Extensive IT skills is essential
- GCSEs – Maths and English
- Knowledge of production planning
- Capable of working to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a young talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays), a pension scheme, on-site parking, a cycle-to-work scheme, subsidised breakfast and childcare vouchers. Oh and did we mention our factory is located in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District?
If this sounds like a role for you, email Angela Milns, HR Manager (Angela.Milns@Kendalnutricare.com) with your CV, salary expectations and a note on why you’re right for the job — we can’t wait to meet you!