Full time, permanent – Kendal
We’re a rapid-growth start-up disrupting the baby nutrition space through our award-winning baby milk brand Kendamil – the only formula made locally in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British organic full cream milk, without the nasties.
You could say we’re the best-kept secret in baby. Then again, with national launches in Tesco, Boots, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Morrisons, Ocado and Farmdrop in the past 3 years … the secret’s getting out!
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 140-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winner and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1,000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020. We’re on an exciting path – come join us!
We are looking for a Packing Operative to join our team. Reporting to one of our Secondary Team Leaders the successful candidate will set-up, operate and run sophisticated computerised packing machines and ancillary equipment on an automated packing line, with parameters for a range of over 30 products.
This is a full-time role, 37.5 hours per week, the shift pattern is — week 1, Monday to Friday 6.00am – 1.30pm, week 2, Monday to Thursday 1.15pm to 9.15 pm and Friday 1.15pm – 18.45pm
What you’ll be doing:
- Operating and running a range of high speed complex cartoning/overwrapping machines and ancillary equipment
- Fault finding and rectifying clearances
- Clearing and cleaning equipment to ensure it runs safely and efficiently
- Replenishing packaging materials to the various equipment
- Carrying out extensive quality checks
- Facilitating efficient and effective product changeovers by carrying out powder cleanouts, line cleaning and clearance duties within targeted timescales.
- Complying with safety procedures including but not limited to: adopting safe working practises, wearing the required protective clothing and use of safety equipment appropriate to the role
What you’ll need:
Previous experience and working knowledge of the food industry and machinery is preferable but not essential as on the job training will be provided. Once trained, the post holder will work unsupervised to strict procedural guidelines. We are looking for a good communicator and an individual who is flexible to changing work shifts.
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing baby milk brand in Europe, as part of a skilled, talented and driven team committed to delivering better nutrition to families around the world.
We offer 28 days holiday (inc. bank holidays), a pension scheme, remote working, subsidised gym membership, a cycle-to-work scheme and childcare vouchers. Oh and did we mention our factory is located in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District?
If this sounds like a role for you, write to Jackie McKay, Jackie.McKay@KendalNutricare.com HR Manager, with your CV and a note on why you’re right for the job. We can’t wait to meet you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,167.00 per year
Employees are required to wear masks whilst on site.