We’re a rapid-growth start-up disrupting the baby nutrition space through our award-winning baby milk brand Kendamil – the only formula made locally in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British organic full cream milk, without the nasties.
You could say we’re the best-kept secret in baby. Then again, with national launches in Tesco, Boots, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Morrisons, Ocado and Farmdrop in the past 3 years … the secret’s getting out!
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 140-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winner and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1,000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020. We’re on an exciting path – come join us!
We’re seeking a Packaging Technologist to help project-manage and oversee from start-to-finish both new and existing packaging for our domestic UK market and our 40 international markets.
This role will involve liaising with senior management, production staff and external suppliers to co-ordinate the creation, design and successful implementation of new packaging formats for our award-winning baby milks and infant cereals. This role will involve direct interaction with senior members of the management team across the organisation, as well as with external suppliers.
We’re looking for someone with 2-3 years’ experience in packaging technology or business administration. You will report to our Commercial Director and will be supported by a highly skilled and experienced team across production, R&D, marketing and senior management.
This is a permanent position and will be based from our company headquarters in Kendal.
What you’ll be doing:
- Researching, testing and selecting the range of packaging solutions available for our products
- Advising and working with our production team to select the optimal packaging solutions
- Working with our Procurement Manager to source cost-effective packaging solutions at scale
- Liaising with management and designers on packaging design and label compliance
- Issuing packaging specifications
- Creating packing BOMs for production
- Quality assurance, ensuring packaging is stable, cost effective and conforming to all legislation
- Overseeing packaging trials on-site and liaising with packaging manufacturers on quality
What you’ll need:
- 2-3 years’ experience in business administration or packaging co-ordination
- Excellent communications skills, written, verbal and in-person
- Organisation and planning with great attention to detail
- A strong sense of responsibility, curiosity and a proactive attitude
- Comfort working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Problem solving capabilities
- Be methodical and accurate
- Ability to meet deadlines
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing baby milk brand in Europe, as part of a young, talented and driven team committed to delivering better nutrition to families around the world.
We offer 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays), a pension scheme, remote working, subsidised gym membership, a cycle-to-work scheme and childcare vouchers. Oh and did we mention our factory is located in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District?
If this sounds like a role for you, please apply in writing to Jackie McKay (Jackie.email@example.com), HR Manager, with your CV and a note on why you’re right for the job. We can’t wait to meet you!