£21,476 per annum + shift premium £4,385
We are a rapid-growth scale-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British organic full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 160 person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020.
We’re on an exciting path – join us!
We are looking for Multi-skilled Operatives to join our team. Reporting to one of our Team Leaders the successful candidate will set-up, operate and run sophisticated computerised packing machines and ancillary equipment on an automated packing line, with parameters for a range of over 30 products.
This is a full time role based at our headquarters in Kendal.
You will be required to work the following shift pattern:
- Earlies: 06:00 – 13:30 Monday to Friday
- Nights: 21:00 – 06:15 Monday, Tuesday; 21:00 – 06:30 Wednesday, Thursday
- Lates: 13:15 – 21:15 Monday to Thursday; 13:15 – 18.45 Friday
What you’ll be doing:
- Operating and running a range of high speed complex cartooning /over-wrapping machines and ancillary equipment
- Fault finding and rectifying clearances
- Clearing and cleaning equipment to ensure it runs safely and efficiently
- Replenishing packaging materials to the various equipment
- Carrying out extensive quality checks
- Facilitating efficient and effective product changeovers by carrying out powder clean-outs, line cleaning and clearance duties within targeted timescales.
- Complying with safety procedures including but not limited to: adopting safe working practices, wearing the required protective clothing and use of safety equipment appropriate to the role.
What you’ll need:
Fork lift Truck licence or willing to work towards this.
Previous experience and working knowledge of the food industry and machinery is preferable but not essential as on the job training will be provided. Once trained, the post holder will work unsupervised to strict procedural guidelines. We are looking for a good communicator and an individual who is flexible to changing work shifts.
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a young talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays) with additional holidays granted each year for the first 5 years, a pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Life Assurance at 2 x basic salary, on-site parking, subsidised breakfast and childcare vouchers. Oh and did we mention our factory is located in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District?
If this sounds like a role for you, email Emma Murkin, Recruitment/HR Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and a note on why you’re right for the job — we can’t wait to meet you!