Multi-Disciplined Laboratory Technician
We are a rapid-growth start-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 130-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020. We’re on an exciting path – join us!
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician to provide an analytical service in both Chemical and Microbiological to support the site. The quality of the product made has to be assured at each step of the process. The results produced by our technicians will be used to grade the products.
As a technician you would work within the Quality Assurance Department, reporting to the QA Senior Technician and working as part of a team of technicians.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform laboratory tests in order to produce reliable and precise data to support scientific investigations
- Carry out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out analyses
- Responsible for the analysis of raw materials, packaging, intermediates and finished goods for microbiological, chemical and physical attributes
- Prepare specimens and samples
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment, for example pH meter, auto-titrator, automatic pipettes, centrifuge and protein/fat/moisture analytical instrumentation.
- Keep equipment in a clean and serviceable condition and ensure the safe removal of waste
- Record, and where relevant, interpret results to present to senior colleagues
- Ensure the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced and that everything is clearly and correctly labelled
- Keep up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability
- Conduct searches on identified topics relevant to the research
- Follow and ensure strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Calibration of analytical Equipment
- Undertake ad-hoc analysis as required
- Ordering & provision of consumables & chemicals
- Maintenance of data systems
- Good laboratory practice ensuring their own Health & Safety and those around them
What you’ll need:
- Food science/ food technology qualification
- Experience in laboratory testing
- Experience in a food laboratory in a relevant discipline e.g Microbiology or Chemistry is desirable
- Knowledge of BRC, Regulatory and customer requirements is desirable
What we would like you to be:
- Self-motivated and a great team player
- Organised, efficient and methodical
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Analytically minded and continuous improvement focused
- Quality focussed with a drive to ensure standards are upheld
- Have excellent computer skills
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays) and a pension scheme.
How to apply:
If this sounds ‘right up your street’ please apply in writing to Jackie McKay (Jackie.email@example.com), HR Manager, telling us why you’re the right person for the job, include an up to date CV and details of your current salary. We can’t wait to meet you!