We are a rapid-growth scale-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British organic full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 150-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020.
We’re on an exciting path – join us!
We are looking to employ a Logistics Manager to ensure customers receive finished products on time. The ideal candidate will plan and manage every aspect of the order cycle, including planning logistics, warehousing, transport and related customer services. We are looking for someone with excellent communication skills as the role requires you to develop and maintain robust relationships with suppliers, vendors, manufacturers, retailers and consumers. You will also be responsible for the recruitment and training of supply chain employees and provide periodic performance evaluations.
This is a full time role based at our headquarters in Kendal.
What you’ll be doing:
- Negotiating and managing contracts with suppliers
- Working with procurement managers and customers on product selection
- Planning and overseeing incoming and outgoing deliveries
- Overseeing logistics, warehouse and transport services
- Planning and analysing budgets and expenditures
- Enforcing industry laws and regulations and company policies
- Resolving complaints and issues regarding the supply chain
- Maintaining customer service logs and safety records
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in logistics management and supply chain management
- Proficiency in logistics and inventory management software
- Excellent problem-solving and organisational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing processes
- Leadership and business management skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Excellent attention to detail skills
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a young talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays), a pension scheme, on-site parking, a cycle-to-work scheme, subsidised breakfast and childcare vouchers. Oh and did we mention our factory is located in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District?