Head of Marketing – USA
Job Title: Head of Marketing – North America
Reports to: Co-Founder / Commercial Director
Our company Kendamil (www.kendamil.com) manufactures the only European infant formula available in the USA. Since launching in 2016 we now sell in 40 countries globally, with customers including the British Royal Family. Millions of parents choose us for our uniquely natural recipe – organic, whole-milk based, no palm oil and no nasties.
The formula shortage has been an ordeal for parents across the country and we were honoured that President Biden, The White House and the FDA selected us as the first international brand to help and diversify the US formula market for the long term.
We are seeking a Head of Marketing to join our growing team in North America. You’ll be an experienced marketeer with demonstrable, direct management experience of a team and agencies across social, influencer marketing, PR and Paid.
Reporting directly to the Commercial Director/Co-founder, you will be responsible for directing and overseeing the North American communication and content strategy of our award-winning brand, while growing our awareness and scope both online and offline.
To create the vision and strategy to manage social, influencer and PR agencies and in-house teams to create exceptional-quality content that educates, engages, empowers and inspires our parents while creating a sense of community.
To become an authority on our disruptive brand’s unique points of difference, helping our content team navigate the regulations of the infant nutrition industry while successfully operating within the ever-changing environment of a rapid-growth scale-up.
To lead our strategy in how best to translate our UK brand for a U.S. audience and build a team for the long term as our presence in North America grows.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee and manage in-house professionals and agencies across social media, email marketing, video, graphic design, community, brand partnerships and affiliates
- Lead the development of first-class short and long term content, in digital and non-digital formats, that builds awareness, inspires customers, drives engagement and creates community
- Research, conceptualize, write and publish content including product launches, blogs, emails, web pages and press releases for onsite, social, influencer, TV, podcast, in-store and editorial placements
- Own and develop the SEO strategy, ensuring the brand ranks highly for all relevant search terms, working with our internal team and external partners to drive and execute these plans
- Partner with our CEO, Commercial Director, Head of Growth, Chief of Staff, Head of UK Marketing and external PR agencies to ideate, build and execute a content roadmap to support overall marketing goals
- Become an expert in Kendamil’s products and apply brand tone of voice to all marketing content
- Monitor, measure and report on the impact of our content against key commercial metrics
- Build, lead and develop a young and energetic content team, creating an open feedback culture
- Utilise and oversee our team collaboration platforms including Asana, Slack, Gorgias and G-Suite
What you will need:
- 5+ years Content or Marketing experience, preferably with a B2C brand, with demonstrated success
- 3+ years direct management experience including management of agencies
- Experience drafting and editing short-form (social) and long-form (blog) content on digital platforms
- Demonstrated success creating innovative content across different channels and formats
- Innovative creative thinker able to tailor memorable content within voice and tone guidelines
- User-centricity, challenging the status quo and putting our customers at the heart of our content
- Experience utilising SEO to fully optimise content and validating content topics using research
- Commercial experience in closing partnership deals with brands, influencers and affiliates
- Experience managing a marketing budget across multiple channels and delivering to ROI targets
- Strong communicator who can communicate complex messages clearly, concisely and memorably
- Proven stakeholder relationship building, respect and rapport
- A very high attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Commercially minded and entrepreneurial in nature, thriving in a fast-paced, growing business
- Strong people management skills and experience in recruiting and developing a winning team
- Demonstrates empathy, leads by example, and contributes to building a desirable team culture
What we would like you to have:
- Experience working within a digital-first brand
- Experience working within a consumer brand / baby brand / nutrition brand
- Experience with working with an international brand (e.g. European brand in the US market)
- Parent with experience of the Infant feeding journey
If this sounds like a role for you, email Pippa Hunter (Chief of Staff) (email@example.com) with your CV, salary expectations and a note on why you’re right for the job — we can’t wait to meet you!