Full-time role, remote – Mid-Senior level
We are a rapid-growth, mission-driven start-up disrupting infant nutrition with our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, uniquely crafted locally using British full cream milk without the nasties and proudly used by the British Royal Family. We believe in a higher-standard of nutrition for our children – locally based, ethically made and sustainably sourced.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 140-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020. We’re on an exciting path – join us!
We’re seeking a Content Manager to lead the communication and content strategy of our award-winning brand and grow our awareness and reach both online and offline. You will lead a young and energetic team, creating exceptional-quality content that educates, engages, empowers and inspires our parents while creating a sense of community. You will become an authority on our disruptive brand USPs, helping our content team navigate the unique regulations of the infant formula industry while successfully operating within the ever-changing environment of a rapid-growth start-up.
You will be a senior member of our Marketing team and will work closely with senior management across the business. We’re a small but mighty remote team with employees in the UK, Ireland, the Caribbean and Asia – meaning you’re free to work from anywhere with a good internet connection. We live in Slack, catch-up daily and meet up when we can to celebrate achievements. We’re a friendly team looking for someone who can create a strong team culture and lead by example.
This is a permanent full-time role, with an option to work remotely.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the development of first-class short- and longer-term content, in digital and non-digital formats, that builds awareness, inspires customers, drives engagement and creates community
- Plan, write, edit and publish content including product launches, blogs, emails, web pages and press releases for onsite, social, influencer, TV, podcast, in-store and editorial placements
- Own and develop the SEO strategy, ensuring the brand ranks highly for all relevant search terms, working with our internal team and external partners to drive and execute these plans
- Partner with our Commercial Director, Head of Strategic Initiatives, Head of Growth and external PR agencies to ideate, build and execute a content roadmap to support overall marketing goals
- Become an expert in Kendamil’s products and apply brand tone of voice to all marketing content
- Monitor, measure and report back on the impact of our content against key commercial metrics
- Build, lead and develop a young and energetic content team, creating an open feedback culture
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of Content or Marketing experience, 2+ years of direct management experience
- Strong communicator – can communicate complex messages clearly, concisely and memorably
- Demonstrated success creating innovative content across different channels and formats
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Innovative creative thinker able to tailor memorable content within voice and tone guidelines
- User-centricity, challenging the status quo and putting our customers at the heart of our content
- Experience utilising SEO to fully optimise content and validating content topics using research
- Commercially minded and entrepreneurial in nature, thriving in a fast-paced, growing business
- Strong people management skills and experience in recruiting and developing a winning team
- Demonstrates empathy, leads by example, and contributes to building a desirable team culture
Nice to have, not need to have:
- Experience working within a digital-first brand
- You are a UK-based parent with experience of the infant feeding journey
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a young talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays), a pension scheme, remote working, subsidised gym membership, a cycle-to-work scheme, product discounts and childcare vouchers. Oh and did we mention our factory is located in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District? We can’t wait to hear from you!
Reach out with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.