We are a rapid-growth scale-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 150-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020.
We’re on an exciting path – join us!
We are seeking a Creative Lead to develop and lead our brand’s visual identity, with a focus on building creative assets that can help the business continue to scale its current growth.
The successful candidate will drive the development of the brand’s visual identity across different propositions such as ecommerce, packaging, social content and out of home media placements. To manage a team of creatives, mentoring and developing them as we continue to grow
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee a team of in house graphic designers and external freelancers, mentoring and developing them to ensure the highest quality output in an open feedback culture
- Establish timelines for projects and manage the workflow to ensure that deadlines are met
- Take responsibility for the quality and completion of all work projects assigned to members of the creative team
- Lead the development of first-class creative content, in both digital and non-digital formats, covering elements including graphic design, photography, videography and packaging
- Build creative concepts for key campaigns and new product launches,with a strategic view of our business objectives and customer needs
- Develop brand guidelines and assets that support our creative execution across channels, including when working with external agencies and retail partners
- Help drive creative innovation and excellence, establishing Kendamil as a leader in the industry
- Work with the marketing and product teams to ensure best practice for different platforms is understood and translated across creative briefs
- Utilise and oversee our team collaboration platforms including Asana and Slack
- Present concepts and ideas to key stakeholders in the business
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years creative experience, preferably with a B2C brand, with demonstrated success
- 2+ years direct management experience
- Strong creative skillset, including Adobe Suite
- Experience on multi format creative projects
- Innovative creative thinker able to tailor memorable content within voice and tone guidelines
- Strong communicator who can communicate complex messages clearly, concisely and memorably
- A very high attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Strong project management skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Commercially minded and entrepreneurial in nature, thriving in a fast-paced, growing business
- Strong people management skills and experience in recruiting and developing a winning team
- Demonstrates empathy, leads by example, and contributes to building a desirable team culture
What we would like you to have:
- Experience of large scale campaigns, including TV, advertorial and out of home marketing as well as digital
- Experience managing creative budgets
- Video and animation experience
- Experience working within a digital-first brand
- Experience working within a consumer brand / baby brand / nutrition brand
- UK based parent with experience of the Infant feeding journey
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a young talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays), a pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, on-site parking, a cycle-to-work scheme, subsidised breakfast and childcare vouchers. Oh and did we mention our factory is located in the heart of the beautiful English Lake District?
If this sounds like a role for you, email Angela Milns, HR Manager (Angela.Milns@Kendalnutricare.com) with your CV, salary expectations and a note on why you’re right for the job — we can’t wait to meet you!