We are a rapid-growth start-up disrupting the infant nutrition space through our award-winning brand Kendamil – the only infant milk made in Britain, proudly used by the British Royal Family and uniquely crafted locally using British full cream milk, without the nasties.
Our company, Kendal Nutricare, is a 130-person team passionate about giving children a better start to life. We’re proud to be a Queens’ Award winning business and to be ranked by the Financial Times as one of Europe’s 1000 Fastest Growing Companies in 2020. We’re on an exciting path – join us!
We’re seeking a Creative Lead to join our expanding marketing team. You will be responsible for designing and defining the brand look and feel for our award-winning Kendamil range.
You will be working on a wide range of customer facing campaigns, from packaging design to graphics (for social content, e-marketing and online), to photo / video and traditional offline media assets. We are looking for someone with a passion and curiosity for innovative design. We already lead our industry for product innovation and our brand deserves world-class design to match!
The successful candidate will ooze creativity, deeply understand design that speaks to millennials and gen-Z’s, will bring a can-do attitude, will thrive off working in a fast-paced environment and can work well under pressure and against fast turnarounds.
This is a permanent position with the opportunity to work 100% remotely (if you wish).
What you’ll be doing:
- Research, define and establish our visual brand guidelines for the brand in the UK
- Create graphic content for social media channels, online, email marketing and retail promotion
- Lead our packaging design for existing brand refreshes and exciting new product launches
- Produce and present new ideas and concepts for packaging and graphic design
- Liaise with the marketing team on interpretation of briefs, and manage design priorities
- Assist our international partners with design collateral they can apply in overseas territories
- Work closely alongside our social media, videography, photography teams within Kendamil
- Proof read and edit work ensuring you consistently produce accurate and high-quality work
- Assisting in ad hoc duties
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a digital-first design role
- Extensive graphic design experience with a proven portfolio of work across creative projects
- In-depth knowledge of Adobe CC, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Canva
- Time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at once
- Experience of, and confidence in presenting directly to clients or senior executives
- A strong sense of responsibility, curiosity and a proactive attitude
- Comfort working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Flexibility towards out of hours and unsociable hours if required
- Strong communication skills at all levels
Nice to have, not need to have:
- Experience in capturing photography and videography content for design use
- Knowledge and experience of working on consumer packaging graphics
- A degree in graphic design or similar
What you’ll get from us:
The opportunity to work for the fastest growing infant milk brand in Europe, alongside a young talented team dedicated to serving thousands of passionate customers.
We offer 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays), a pension scheme and remote working.
If this sounds ‘right up your street’ please apply in writing to Jackie McKay (Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org), HR Manager, telling us why you’re the right person for the job, include an up to date CV and details of your current salary. We can’t wait to meet you!